Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Model A troubles

Just before New Years, with the help of my neighbor Don and his White Ford Excursion Diesel and flatbed trailer, Colin and I moved my 1928 Ford Model A tudor sedan from a remote storage garage to a neighbor's garage near the house ostensibly in order to be able to work on it more and get it running sooner. Since that time, I have cleaned all the accumulated crap out from inside the car, and taken the flattest tire off to repair the tube. Model A tires and tubes are a lot harder to work on than bicycle ones or maybe I just don't have the right tools or skills. Beyond that, over a year ago, I removed the carb because the float was stuck open and fixed that. It's ready to be reinstalled. Over the winter, we dropped the pan on Steve's A and cleaned it thoroughly... What a mess. I want to do mine before starting it Then there's the rusted gas tank, the out of round wheel(s), the damaged floorboards... Suggestions? Volunteers?

No comments: