Thursday, August 2, 2007

Introductions (finally)

Yes, it took forever, but I now have the second post WITH PICTURES and I think it's now set to accept anonymous comments


My Background tells a lot... but here's a little more

Born 1965 at Jefferson Hospital in PhilaPA. Raised in Audubon (Go Green Wave!) South Jersey which is in the garden part of the Garden State. Dad was an Optometrist, Mom was an RN and later a School nurse in neighboring Haddonfield. Dad went home in 03 and Mom in '85.



We were raised in church. I learned all that I know about right and wrong in the context of the Absolute Truth of the Bible. When I was in third grade, I remember realizing that I was characterized by rule breaking and that it wasn't acceptable to God to live that way. I accepted the gift of eternal life He clearly offers in the Bible for my own and have steadily grown increasingly in love with God for all that He is and all that He has done for me. I continue to press my own life toward obedience and practical holiness and to teach and mentor others.



I attended Drexel University in PhilaPA and graduated class of 88 (It is a 5 year program -- honest) with Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering.



In July of 88, I wedded my sweetheart (who had patiently dated me for 4 years). We bounced around the country doing machine design engineering for O-I Kimble Glass (NJ), the West Company (PA) , Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems (KY), Terumo Medical Corp (MD) and All States Technical Services (DE). Sat for and Passed my PE in Kentucky (at Sumitomo)



We had our daughter while we were living in Williamsport, PA and our son while living here in Elkton, MD. After the Lord, my family are the joys of my life. She is a floutist and writer and he is all about ferroequinology (literally the study of iron horses = a railroad nut!) (First Picture)



My father in Law invited me to join his retirement planning practice in 2004 because he and I got along well and he felt I had the right personality for it. Long story short, I worked with him then for him and last year bought the practice from him and now he works for me (how cool is that?) Engineering never gave me the opportunity to see and talk to the people who benefitted from my work. Now they sit in my office or I in their home and I help them solve financial problems and achieve financial goals.



I guess I've always been a "car guy" too. In the second picture, I'm working on replacing the cylinder head on Steve's Model A roadster. There was a time early in our marriage when we incorporated the Classic Garage and built and serviced AC Cobra replica automobiles and other exotics. Lotsa fun for me, lots of stress for my wife and we're both glad that's behind us.



I have always bicycled. A man in our church started me into distance riding. The following year I rode my first MS 150. God willing I'll ride my 4th this September.

No comments: